Leverington Cemetery | Roxborough | Philadelphia, PA

Leverington Cemetery was established in 1745. The cemetery is located in Central Roxborough next to Bob’s Diner on Ridge Ave. The Cemetery includes graves of soldiers from both the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.

In 1947, Wanamaker’s planned to buy the cemetery to build a shopping center and parking lot. Owner Randi Mautz’ grandparents purchased the land in order to preserve the property and it has remained in the family since.

Randi is organizing The Friends of Leverington Cemetery group to help preserve and maintain the cemetery. In addition, they plan to host events and tours to continue to preserve the history and stories of the cemetery. Find out more about Friends of Leverington Cemetery and be sure to join their Facebook Page.